- What personal data do we collect?
- How do we use your personal data?
- How do we protect personal data?
- To whom do we disclose personal data?
- How can you access and rectify personal data?
This is the privacy and security policy of NetBenefit (UK) Limited and other companies within PEER 1 Hosting. Our registered office is at Suite 410, 10 Sovereign Court, 8 Graham Street, Birmingham, B1 3JR, UK. Its purpose is to tell you how we process your Personal Data (ie data about any identified or identifiable living person). In particular:
a) what Personal Data we collect;
b) how we use it;
c) how we protect it;
d) to whom we disclose it;
e) how you can access and rectify it.
- We agree not to process your Personal Data other than in accordance with this policy.
The following words have particular meanings in this policy:
"Naming" (1) ICANN or any equivalent body; and (2) the registries Authorities" Responsible for particular types of domain names "Regulation" All applicable laws, statutes, regulations, standards or codes of conduct, whether or not compulsory
- We may vary this policy as explained in our terms and conditions
- If you have any queries concerning this policy, please write to us at the above address.
- When you place an order, we collect basic information such as your name, address and other contact details, payment and technical information. All such information is mandatory unless otherwise stated at the time.
- You may provide additional Personal Data to us in the course of communicating with us about our services.
As required by Naming Authorities we collect certain mandatory data ("Whois Data") in relation to domain names including:
a) the domain name;
b) the original creation date;
c) the expiration date;
d) the names of the primary and secondary nameservers for the domain together with IP addresses;
e) the name and postal address of the domain name holder; and
f) the name, postal and email addresses, telephone and (where available:) fax numbers of the technical and administrative contacts.
- We store on our computers certain data which may include Personal Data such as websites, message boards and email messages in the course of providing our services to you.
- Our computer automatically logs your IP address (your unique internet Internet address) and browser type when you visit our website.
We use your Personal Data to properly:
a) perform our services;
b) administer your account; and
c) bill you.
- We use your Personal Data to send you important notices concerning our services and, unless you have opted out, to provide information about similar products and services that may be of interest to you.
- We retain Whois Data as well as communications with domain name holders and payment records in accordance with the requirements of Naming Authorities and we disclose it as explained below.
We do not routinely access websites, message boards, emails and similar data on our servers. We may however do so in Exceptional Circumstances, meaning where:
a) we consider in our discretion that:
i) it breaches or may breach our Acceptable Use Policy
ii) it is necessary to protect us or our other customers or the public and/or to minimize our exposure to breach of Regulation or the risk of civil or criminal proceedings and/or to respond to claims of violation of third party rights; or
b) we are required to by Regulation or competent authority.
- We occasionally use IP addresses for customer profiling purposes.
- Where we collect Personal Data on your behalf (ie we are a data processor and you are a data controller within the meaning of the Data Protection Act 1988 we shall act only on your instructions
- Security is a high priority for us. We take reasonable precautions to protect Personal Data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure, alteration or destruction.
- We use industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology (128 bit) to encrypt sensitive information.
In accordance with the requirements of Naming Authorities:
a) we make Whois Data available to the public for free query-based access;
b) we allow third parties access to Whois Data in bulk provided they agree, amongst other things, not to use them improperly eg for transmission of unsolicited commercial email ;
c) we provide certain of the Whois Data to the relevant Naming Authorities;
d) if required, we deposit copy Whois Data with a reputable escrow agent; and
e) if required, we disclose communications with domain name holders and payment records to Naming Authorities.
- The previous paragraph may necessarily involve transfer of Personal Data to entities located outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may disclose Personal Data so far as reasonably necessary:
a) to provide our services (which may involve transfer outside the EEA in the case of US customers);
b) when there are Exceptional Circumstances (explained above);
c) in the context of a sale or merger of all or part of our business.
- Provided you have opted in, we may disclose Personal Data to other companies within the NetBenefit Group (including those located outside the EEA) to enable them to offer you products and services which may be of interest to you.
- We may disclose Personal Data to organizations with which we have a business relationship for the sole purpose of their validating sums due to them under agreements with us. Such disclosure will be on condition that the Personal Data is not used for marketing purposes and is not disclosed by them to third parties.
- You can access and rectify your Personal Data by logging into your account or by contacting us using the details provided on our website.
- For information about your rights under UK data protection laws, see the website of the UK Data Protection Commissioner